Omnetics Connector Corporation, a developer of nano- and micro-miniature connectors and interconnection solutions, has released a whitepaper detailing how new cable and connector technologies are aiding the development of next-generation imaging systems such as those used in UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles).
The whitepaper covers several aspects of designing nano- and micro-miniature interconnections for modern camera systems, including:
- How increasing resolutions and frame rates are driving the need for new cable and connector designs
- Miniature pin to socket elements that can carry specified current flows while maintaining constant signal integrity
- Micro-camera requirements for miniature drone swarms, including the ability to withstand shock and vibration
- Custom Nano-D connectors for military UAVs and weapon systems
- Standard COTS connectors vs custom-designed application-specific solutions
To find out more about specialized cable and connector requirements for the latest innovations in cameras and imaging applications, including drones and robotics, download the full whitepaper.