Knight Optical, a provider of off-the-shelf and custom optics solutions for a wide variety of industries, including defense, oil & gas and unmanned systems, has published an article outlining how manufacturing and engineering have been revolutionised by the use of optics.
The article discusses:
- How optical technologies are used both in manufacturing production and control
- Optical fabrication techniques such as lithography, laser cutting and laser welding
- The use of optical sensors for monitoring and inspection
- Machine vision for processing, analysis and measurement
- Using metrology to ensure the accuracy of critical measurements
To find out more about the vital role played by optics in manufacturing and engineering, read the full article on Knight Optical’s website.