Aerospace Engineering Services & Consultancy
Precision engineering companies within the unmanned aerospace industry provide a broad range of design and engineering services for the development of drones, unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles). These services may include the custom design and production of parts and components for these vehicles, including CNC milling and turning, manual milling and turning, small assembly work, and laser marking and inspection.
Providing a pool of dedicated and highly skilled design and production engineers, these companies specialize in aerospace design and invest considerably in the latest equipment and technology. They also have a working understanding of relevant industry and military standards as well as BS EN ISO 9001 certification and the AS9100 quality certification typically required by aerospace OEMs, manufacturers and prime contractors.
Precision Engineering for Aerospace & Defense
Partnering with a precision engineering company, specializing in civil and military aircraft, extends the reach of in-house design and engineering teams and enables a high standard of work and services within rapid turnaround times. Urgent operational requirements can be met since prototype parts can be designed and produced in faster time frames than typically achieved when using separate design and manufacturing organisations. Services and consultancy can include:
- Low-volume prototypes
- Part development
- New and replacement OEM parts
- Machining high-tensile materials and aerospace-grade alloys
- Access to specialist skills in difficult-to-machine component parts
- Knowledge and experience in RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) strategies
- Full in-house 3D CAD design services
- The ability to CAD/CAM interface direct from the drawing office to the machine floor
- Solutions to minimize processing times and costs for essential validation and certification