- Rugged material with a high transmission from 200nm to 5µm.
- Two different types available: c-cut with birefringent properties removed, and random cut which can exhibit birefringence. We recommend c-cut if the window is being used for imaging purposes.
- Random cut sapphire windows are available in diameters of 5mm to 100mm.
- C-cut sapphire windows are available in diameters of 10mm to 50mm.
- All our stock windows are uncoated.
Sapphire windows are ideal protective windows and are often used in viewports due to the durability they offer, as well as the high transmission. These can be used in deep sea applications as they can withstand the higher pressures they are exposed to.
Knight Optical can offer custom sapphire windows which are manufactured to the customer's specification. We can offer large diameters of 300mm or more with the application of a coating to optimise the performance. Coatings include antireflective (AR) and hydrophobic coatings.
It is important that c-cut sapphire is specified if the birefringence is to be removed, otherwise our standard is to provide random cut material.