Simpulse, specialist in embedded Software-Defined Radio (SDR) solutions for innovative communication systems, has announced availability of an ultra flexible embedded SDR modem board for professional high-performance video transmissions. The board integrates Simpulse’s patented PULSAR DSP co-processor, a scalable and programmable hardware architecture that induces great flexibility and ensures customer products to be evolutive, easy to customise and extend.
The new PULSAR-B325x2-MV mobile video modem board offers high radio performances for long-range and highly mobile transmissions. The radio modem features great system robustness coupled with high flexibility, thanks to the underlying PULSAR technology.
“The scalable and fully programmable PULSAR co-processor that is included on the modem board enables to adapt complexity to the transmitted bit-rate. ” says Emmanuel Hamman, founder and president of Simpulse. “The system can easily be optimised depending on cost, power and performance constraints, thanks to this hardware architecture running advanced signal processing algorithms. As a result, data transmission robustness is drastically improved.”
The modem features optimised Multi-Carrier (COFDM) and Sing-Carrier waveforms, as well as multi-antenna processing and a multi-user option. The board offers support for multiple data-links in one modem, and supports Frequency Agility for frequency carriers from 70 MHz to 6 GHz. Useful bitrates from 500 Kbit/s to 15 Mbit/s are offered. The board comes in two hardware versions for high (ref. PULSAR-B325x2) and medium (ref. PULSAR-B160x2) processing capabilities.
Targeted applications are specialised mobile video transmissions, such as Air-Ground data-links, in Drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), connected robots and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication systems, as well as Outdoor events broadcasting.
MODEM KEY FEATURES
- Very long-range and highly mobile video and data transmissions communication
- RF agility: from 70 MHz to 6 GHz
- Optimised Multi-carrier waveforms
- Multi-antenna processing
- Software options for Multi-user systems, optimized Single-carrier waveforms, dedicated bi-directional controllink
- Software can be adapted to customer needs
- Useful bitrate from 500 Kbit/s to 15 Mbit/s
- Bandwidth from 3 to 8 MHz
- RF from 70 MHz to 6 GHz
High radio performances
- Advanced signal processing for high doppler and long range transmission
- LDPC error correction
- Multi-waveforms: COFDM, Single Carrier, SC-OFDM
- Multiple antenna techniques: Rx diversity, options for Tx diversity and spatial multiplexing
- Optional long time interleaver to face long fading.
Find suppliers of Embedded Computing products >
Find suppliers of Video Data Links >