SBG Systems has released a major firmware update for all its high-performance Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), including Ekinox, Apogee, Navsight, and Quanta sensors. Version 4.0 includes a variety of new features and significantly improves user experience for both systems integrators and surveyors.
The new firmware includes the following enhancements:
- Enhanced Heading in Single Antenna to allow easier UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) survey operations
- Improved GNSS antenna Auto Lever Arm Calibration for quicker and easier set-up – important for hydrographers with vessels of opportunity
- New PTP and NTP features for time synchronization, eliminating the need for an external timing module
- Integrated NTRIP client to ease access to NRTK/VRS correction services
- Logged RTCM raw stream to ease post-processing in Qinertia using NRTK/VRS data
- New access rights management system to set up specific user roles
- Two added serial outputs on Navsight and Quanta for advanced survey set-ups
- REST API now available for power users and integrators
To download the firmware and find out more about the new upgrades and features, visit SBG Systems’ website here.