Teledyne CARIS has released a whitepaper explaining how artificial intelligence can be used to identify and remove a broad range of noise patterns from sonar mapping data gathered by USVs (unmanned surface vessels) and UUVs (unmanned underwater vessels).
The whitepaper covers:
- How noise arises from incorrect computations
- The limitations of traditional software-based noise filtering and processing
- Selecting the best AI technique, and a suitable dataset for training
- Institutions using Teledyne CARIS’ Mira AI platform and Sonar Noise Classifier to provide consistency, efficiency and cost savings
- Further AI-based features currently in development, including object detection and bathymetric LiDAR data processing
To find out more about AI-based sonar noise cancelling and Teledyne CARIS’ Mira AI platform, read the full whitepaper here.