HCSS has announced powerful new features for its drone-based data analytics platform, HCSS Aerial, in the eighth upgrade since the introduction of the software.
The upgrade includes improvements to calculations and measurements, annotation and designs, and navigation, and new features that optimize tablet performance and improve user experience with the mobile device.
“Customers have asked us to allow HCSS Aerial measurements and quantities data be integrated with HCSS HeavyJob Project Management and Job Cost solution,” said J.P. Giometti, Vice President, Global Strategy and Corporate Development, HCSS.
“We are Beta testing this integration and gathering feedback from clients before introduction. By integrating with HeavyJob, clients will be able to keep their jobs and budget on track with less expensive yet more accurate drone mapping.”
The new features in the update include:
- Create measurements and analytics from design items, which saves time, whether users are running calculations to compare design to the as-built for quality assurance or checking bills from subcontractors. Simultaneously, users can eliminate any errors that might occur from manual drawing areas or lines.
- Quickly import images into HCSS Aerial to create a new annotation. The platform pins the annotation automatically, depending on the image’s GPS position. Users inspecting a site on a tablet can effortlessly import the photographs while on the go.
- Easier drawing of lines and polygons for measurements and analytics. Users can now make edits and adjust points in lines and polygons without starting any calculations. After editing is complete, users can click a button to recalculate measurements and analytics.
- Upload design files and notes before the first flight or while the flight is still being processed. This allows better collaboration with team members on the jobsite.
- A ‘Go to Coordinates’ navigation tool can change a map display to a specific point by entering coordinates.
- Measurement details on top for tablets optimizes the small screen and allows users to choose between side navigation and a top-mounted calculation detail box.
Find Processing & Analysis Software for Drones & Unmanned Systems >>