Septentrio has announced that its new mosaic development kit is available for testing and integration. mosaic is Septentrio’s most compact next-generation, high-precision multi-frequency GPS/GNSS module. This receiver brings the precision and reliability of high-end multi-frequency GNSS to mass market applications, and is designed to fit into the assembly line process.
Its light weight and low power consumption helps extend the battery life of robotic devices, thus increasing operation time and efficiency. This makes mosaic ideal for applications such as UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) and other autonomous vehicles and robotic platforms.
“We see a growing demand for reliable high-precision positioning,” said Chris Lowet, Product Manager at Septentrio. “A few years ago, this demand was concentrated in professional applications, for example survey, high precision mapping and machine control. Today, with expansion of robotics, automation and IoT, a wide range of devices need high-precision positioning, from Ag robots to IoT gateways to autonomous vehicles. We designed mosaic to answer these market needs.”
Some of mosaic’s highlights include:
- Centimeter positioning in tough environments with multi-frequency, multi-constellation GNSS technology
- Best-in-class Advanced Interference Mitigation (AIM+) – continue working despite radio interference from other electronic devices or jamming
- Extensive corrections support for high-accuracy positioning: SBAS, PPP, SSR, RTK
- RAIM+, integrity engine needed for safety-critical applications such as autonomous vehicles
- Tracking all current and future GNSS satellite signals for enhanced RTK (Real-Time Kinematic) performance and guaranteed RTK network compatibility
- 100 Hz update rate, ideal for robotics and fast-moving vehicles
The development kit assists Septentrio customers with integrating mosaic into their system. It supports connectivity through internet, COM ports, USB 2.0 as well as an SD Card slot.