San Francisco Circuits (SFC), a provider of PCB fabrication, assembly and test services for unmanned systems and robotic platforms, has announced that the company is now offering expanded PCB testing and inspection capabilities to its customers, further ensuring high-yield PCBs that meet rigid design and performance specifications across all applications.
San Francisco Circuits offers PCB testing for Bare Boards (before the board is assembled) and Assembled Boards (once the board is assembled), that will detect and minimize issues that would affect performance.
“PCBs need to be tested early in the design and production phases in order to control component tolerances, part-to-part performance variations, and other factors that can negatively impact the delivery and operation of the end product,” says Sam Danovich, VP of Sales of San Francisco Circuits. “Our expanded testing and inspection services build on the experience and value that our customers have come to expect from us.”
San Francisco Circuits’ PCB testing services include:
Bare Board PCB Testing
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tests against netlists to detect “shorts” or “opens”
- DFM performed before fabrication can minimize production delays and cost overruns
- Testing methods include Visual Inspection, Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI), Time Domain Refractometry (TDR) Impedance Test, Military PCB Inspection Group A and B, Microsections Inspection, Electrical Test, and High Potential Testing
Assembled PCB Testing
- once a board is fully assembled, further testing can often help identify issues before a large-scale production run to save time and money
- Testing methods include Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), X-ray Testing, Flying Probe Test, Functional Test, Manual/Visual Testing