Low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites are the next step in space-based innovation, but what are the steps necessary to make LEO positioning a reality?
Join us for this webinar on how positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) is enabling LEO and enabled by, the commercialization of space.
Existing PNT systems were designed for terrestrial use but can operate in space as well. Experts will look at how GNSS positioning in space is similar to and different from terrestrial positioning, as well as what RF signals in space are used for PNT, such as from medium Earth orbit (MEO) and geostationary constellations.
What you will learn:
- The effects of orbital height on the space vehicles and transmitter power
- Considerations for frequency selection
- Potential roles for 5G “base stations” in space
- Specific challenges of using GNSS for positioning in space
Our Expert Speakers:
- Sandy Kennedy, Vice President of Innovation, Hexagon Autonomy and Positioning divison
- Stig Pedersen, Vice President and General Manager of Antcom at Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division
- Logan Scott, GNSS/GPS Expert