Mobilicom has announced the release of the SkyHopper ONE UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) data link, an advanced UAV communication system aimed at the DIY drone market. SkyHopper ONE allows professional DIY drone users to equip their drone with a robust communication link that is also highly secure and encrypted.
DIY drone developers often use separate solutions for control, telemetry and payload, thereby increasing costs and weight. SkyHopper ONE is an easy plug & play device, which gives these users a solution that packages all drone communication into a single RF channel. SkyHopper ONE is a small and lightweight solution that offers multiple transmission modes.
A few of SkyHopper ONE’s key features include:
- Superior UAV communication through N-LOS and Urban areas using proprietary radio technology that finds its way around obstructions to carry a clear and solid radio signal
- Line-of-Sight range of 1.2 miles
- Broadcast, multicast and unicast transmission modes
- Security and encryption with the addition of Mobilicom’s advanced proprietary encryption mechanism
- Broadband link enabling real-time full HD video
- Single link for control, telemetry and real-time full HD video
- Small form factor and lightweight
- Plug & Play for easy operation