360 Designs has announced the release of Flying EYE, a broadcast quality, live streaming, virtual reality drone. Flying EYE has a range of over 5 miles, and 360 Designs claims that it is the first drone system capable of streaming live, 6K 360 degree video.
Using a custom wireless transmission system – Breeze – developed exclusively by 360 Designs, live VR streams can be broadcast anywhere in the world in ultra-high quality, and streamed live to YouTube, Facebook or VR headsets.
“We wanted to create a broadcast quality live 360 drone platform for professionals, so they can create stunning live VR productions, with or without the drone in shot,” said Alx Klive, CEO of 360 Designs. “The sky is no longer the limit.”
The system has applications for traditional TV broadcasting, with the company recently demonstrating how it is possible to extract a zoomable, pannable 2D high-definition feed from live 360 footage. The system features studio-grade camera sensors and a broadcast-standard workflow.
- High-quality wireless video system offers near uncompressed, low latency (<1sec), broadcast-grade 6K video
- Wireless streaming video range, over 5 miles
- Designed to carry the company’s popular Mini EYE 3 camera, Flying EYE is also compatible with other 3-camera, HDMI or SDI-based VR rigs
- The Breeze 6K wireless transmission system pairs with an integrated live stitching system, removing the need to stitch 360 video footage later
- Professional-grade 6G SDI output (4K), 6K NDI, or, 6K H.265 (HEVC)
- Fully Customizable
- Based on the DJI Matrice 600 Series commercial UAV platform
- Can be operated by one person, no camera positioning is needed with 360 video
The Flying EYE system includes: a Matrice 600 series commercial UAV; a choice of VR camera (Mini EYE 3 or other SDI/HDMI cameras), a camera stabilization system, the Breeze wireless transmission and stitching system (includes ground station), and waterproof Pelican case.