Intelligent Energy, a leading developer of PEM (proton exchange membrane) fuel cell technologies for UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles), has released a presentation that outlines a comprehensive introduction to fuel cells for drones. The presentation is intended to give commercial operators a quick and easy summary of how fuel cells perform when compared to traditional battery power.
Intelligent Energy’s introduction to fuel cells for drones includes:
- Applications and industries that can benefit from fuel cell-powered drones
- The principles of electrical energy generation
- Energy content of fuel cells vs batteries
- Examples of potential configurations of standard DJI M100 and M600 drones equipped with Intelligent Energy’s Fuel Cell Power Modules
- Peak power and battery hybridisation
- De-rating for higher temperatures and altitudes
UAV fuel cell modules can significantly extend drone flight times and ranges while producing clean DC power, and are ideal for a wide range of professional and commercial applications. To find out more, download Intelligent Energy’s presentation from their website.