LEMO has expanded its portfolio of connectivity solutions with a new series of Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) connectors. The LEMO SPE 1000Base-T1 is designed to operate over a single twisted-pair copper cable, supporting an effective data rate of 1 Gb/sec in both directions simultaneously, and has been engineered to withstand challenging applications such as UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) and robotics.
As network requirements have changed over time, Ethernet has consistently improved in terms of speed, security, and quality. As a result, it has emerged as a standard for wired connectivity in many industries, including aerospace and defense. Following this development, LEMO has provided solutions over time that are compliant with the various ethernet protocols as they emerged. As a result, it has one of the most extensive portfolios of connectors for high-speed ethernet.
For Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and Shielded Twisted Pair (STP), LEMO offers two types of insulators: 0B.511 (2 contacts) and 1B.512(4 contacts + screen). The new product is also offered in a watertight version for the T series connector.
Selecting an SPE connector does not automatically guarantee compliance with this protocol and the related data transfer speed for the complete interconnect solution. The cables must at least comply with the same protocol, respect the maximum length given in the protocol, and be carefully assembled to the connector. The solution must also be fully tested. LEMO’s team of experts can provide assistance with compliant high-speed interconnect solutions.
Key features of the LEMO Single Pair Ethernet 1000BASE-T1 include:
- Push-Pull latching mechanism enables rapid, simple, safe, and reliable frequent connect and disconnect
- Protection of sensitive data in harsh environments with a proprietary interface
- IEEE 802.3bp (SPE) protocol compliance and guaranteed signal integrity allow data transfer at rates up to 1Gb/s
- 360° screening for full EMC shielding
- Compatibility with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) and shielded twisted pair (STP)
- Up to 5000 guaranteed mating cycles, resulting in increased service life and reduced ownership costs
- A wide range of robust and miniature models (including IP50, IP66, and IP68) for ruggedized compact integrations
- Temperature range -55 °C to 250 °C
- Up to 12 keyways for alignment