Mobilicom has announced the release of SkyHopper PRO, a bi-directional data link for commercial and industrial drones which provides a solid transmission of data, voice and full HD video in real-time at long ranges. SkyHopper PRO can exceed a range of 5 km and is able to fly at low altitudes without disrupting flight or transmission.
SkyHopper PRO provides a robust data link at long range line-of-sight as well as non-line-of-sight conditions. The system was tested with an Israeli commercial drone company. The test was conducted on a quadcopter, reaching a range of over 4.5km. In addition to proving the long range capabilities, SkyHopper PRO also properly controlled the drone and effectively transmitted the data and real-time HD video.
Find suppliers of Data & Communications Links for Unmanned Applications >
One SkyHopper Pro link alone can exceed a flight of 5km. The system also offers relay operation, which can more than double this range.
SkyHopper PRO also offers other features to ensure the successful operation of commercial and industrial drones and robotics, including:
- Control, telemetry and payload in a single RF channel
- UAV communication through N-LOS & Urban areas using proprietary radio technology that finds its way around obstructions to carry a clear and solid radio signal
- Broadcast, Multicast and Unicast transmission modes
- Security and Encryption with the addition of an advanced proprietary encryption mechanism
- Single link for control, telemetry and full HD real-time video
- Relay operation for extending LOS range and overcoming dead spots in urban or industrial areas
- Small form factor and lightweight
- Built-in flexibility allowing optimization for specific applications