Dawn VME Products, a designer and manufacturer of embedded technology based on the VITA and PICMG architectures, has announced its new 3U OpenVPX power Supply, the PSC-6238 VITA 62, compliant up to 800 Watts, for conduction cooled systems.
The PSC-6238 is designed to operate in a military environment over a wide range of temperatures at high power levels, is extended shock and vibration compliant per MIL-STD-810F and features an onboard real-time clock with switchable Battleshort and NED (Nuclear Event Detect) functions. The PSC-6238 is fully ruggedized for UAV and other unmanned systems land, sea and airborne mission-critical conditions.
The PSC-6238 is a wedge lock conduction cooled module on a 1 inch pitch with an operating temperature of -40ºC to +85ºC at the wedge lock edge. The up to 800 Watt power output true 6-channel supply provides full Open VPX support and is current/load share compatible with up to 4 PSC-6238 units.
Find Power Supply manufacturers >
The PSC-6238 front I/O panel includes a 3-color LED status indicator, VBAT battery access and a USB port for status display, access menu control and firmware upgrade.
Dawn’s embedded RuSH Rugged System Health Monitor technology provides for intelligent monitoring and control of critical system performance parameters including voltage, current, temperature and control of power sequencing and shutdown of all voltage rails.
Custom RuSH firmware enables additional features such as monitoring humidity, shock/vibration events or customer specified monitoring windows, power sequencing, alerts, alarms, status and control, event logging, etc. The RuSH monitor is interfaced into the OpenVPX (I2C) management plane, providing an I2C communication link with system cards.
Summary of Features:
- True 6 Channel supply provides full OpenVPX support.
- Wedge lock conduction cooled module.
- Up to 800 Watts power output with 1 inch pitch form factor.
- Onboard embedded RuSH technology actively monitors voltage, current, temperature and provides protective control.
- Factory programmable power sequencing of all voltage rails.
- Shutdown control for each power rail.
- Over Voltage, Over Current and Over Temp protection.
- Current/Load share compatible with up to 4 PSC-6238 units.
- I2C interface for Status & Control.
- Standard INH# and EN# power control signals.
- VBAT for support of VPX memory backup power bus.
- Front I/O panel includes 3-color LED status indicator, VBAT battery access.
- USB port for status display, access menu control and firmware upgrade.
- VITA48.2 Compliant Inject / Eject levers for easy installation.