Teledyne Lumenera has released a white paper explaining the most important factors to consider when selecting a camera for a drone-based aerial imaging system.
The white paper’s content covers:
- Why higher camera resolution doesn’t guarantee higher ground resolution
- How ground sampling distance (GSD) is calculated
- Solutions to increasing pixel width in aerial imaging
- The definitions of sensitivity and noise
- How sensitivity and noise impact aerial imaging
- Global versus rolling shutters for aerial imaging
- Dynamic range and bit depth requirements
- Additional considerations for drone camera systems, such as electronic shutters, conformal coating for PCBs, and SWaP (size, weight and power)
To find out more about selecting components for UAV-based aerial imaging applications, download the full white paper here.