The partnership is said to mark a significant leap forward in automated drone inspections, especially for powerline assessments.
The integration of LINIA’s automated flight route software with Xer’s X8 UAV platform significantly enhances the efficiency and productivity of drone-based inspections. The fusion of LINIA’s advanced automation with the Xer X8’s endurance and weight capacity results in a substantial increase in daily inspection output.
In contrast to standard battery-powered drones, the extended endurance of the Xer X8 enables a fourfold increase in daily tower inspections, enhancing productivity and delivering superior visual assets to support inspection missions effectively.
Key offerings from XER Technologies and LINIA
- Speed: A single 2.5-hour flight with the Xer X8 and LINIA preplanning data can capture high-resolution images of 30 to 75 towers, depending on their size.
- Cost reduction: The collaboration streamlines inspections through minimized pilot repositioning, significantly reducing the need for on-site visits by trained professionals.
- Improved asset management: High-quality observations, detailed documentation, and timely repairs contribute to improved asset management, resulting in long-term cost savings for power grid operators.
- Safety: Automation minimizes the risk of mishandling drones, enhancing overall flight safety.
- Faster restoration of power supply: Faster fault identification and timely power supply restoration lead to reduced downtime during outages.
Lorenzo Arizzoli-Bulato, Managing Director of LINIA, said; “Xer’s drone redefines the game. Automation has already elevated inspection speed and data quality, but the frequent battery changes and relocations every 20 minutes hinder competing with helicopter inspections. The Xer X8 stands out by enabling significantly longer flights compared to traditional multicopter drones, all while carrying cutting-edge camera equipment. Ultimately, more airborne time translates to inspecting more power lines. Additionally, this solution contributes to a substantial reduction in CO2 emissions compared to manned helicopter inspections.”
Gökmen Çetin, Sales Manager of Xer Technologies, added; “The collaborative solution from LINIA and Xer Technologies is poised to offer distinctive advantages for grid operators, presenting opportunities for cost savings and heightened data quality. We are impressed by the LINIAair solution and the competence of the team behind it.”