Elistair has released an article covering a variety of aspects of tethered UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) use for tactical communications. Tethered drones are becoming a widely-used tool by warfighters and first responders, providing a solution that overcomes many of the limitations present in current telecommunications technologies.
The article covers:
- The advantage of unlimited autonomy provided by tethered drones
- How tethered drone platforms can keep soldiers safe from radio frequencies, jamming risks and fly-aways
- Existing telecommunications solutions and limitations of ground-based equipment
- Expanding network nodes to provide additional range to soldiers
- Limitations of radio and satellite communications for ISR
- What warfighters need from tactical communications
- The use of tethered drones to optimize and protect mobile network integrity
To find out more about Elistair’s tethered drone solutions and their advantages as communications solutions for the battlefield of the future, read the full article on Elistair’s website.