Elistair has released an article outlining the benefits of tethered drone systems, which are unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) physically connected to and powered by a ground station. The systems are increasingly being adopted for a wide variety of applications including military base defense, border patrol, live-streaming events, setting up temporary communication towers, low altitude satellite surveillance, and more.
The article covers:
- Components of the tethered drone system – the ground power station and the micro-tether
- Limitations of untethered drones – flight time, safety and ease of use
- The use of tethered drones in the defense industry – border surveillance, base protection and tactical communications
- Tethered drones for private and public safety, broadcast and media, telecommunications, and first responders
- The benefits of using tethered drones
- FAA and EASA regulations surrounding the use of tethered drones
- Where Elistair’s tethered drone systems have been utilized
Elistair has deployed over 600 tethered drone systems around the world in a diverse range of applications. To find out more about the benefits of this rapdily growing drone technology, read the full article on Elistair’s website.