Elsight has released an article that provides an introduction to UTM (Unmanned Aircraft Systems Traffic Management), a concept for handling and organizing the increased level of traffic in the skies as drone operations continue to increase.
The article covers:
- The general concept of UTM, particularly as defined by the FAA
- The services that will be provided by UTM to ensure safe separation of flying drones, including performance and airspace authorizations, strategic deconfliction services, and data exchange between aircraft
- Remote ID as a mechanism for traceability and accountability
- The current state of UTM development
- How Elsight’s Halo connectivity platform can provide the critical connectivity required for joining and utilizing the services of a UTM provider
To find out more about UTM for drones, read the full article on Elsight’s website.