Elsight has released a new article highlighting how autonomy, AI and BVLOS (beyond visual line of sight) flight could revolutionize search and rescue (SAR) operations performed with drones.
The article covers:
- The advantages of drones for SAR compared to traditional methods such as ground search teams and manned helicopters
- Critical UAV payloads for SAR
- How autonomy, AI-powered computer vision and BVLOS could improve SAR effectiveness
- The advantages and disadvantages of RF, SATCOM and cellular datalinks for SAR drones
- Why Elsight’s Halo drone connectivity platform is ideal for incorporation into search and rescue platforms
To find out more about cellular connectivity and other technologies for enabling more efficient UAV search and rescue operations, read the full article on Elsight’s website.