Redler Technologies has introduced a new range of intelligent solid-state PDUs (power distribution units) and circuit breakers designed for the development of future hybrid military vehicles such as UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles). The Power Rider family includes multi-output PDUs and circuit breakers designed to distribute electrical power while adding value to vehicle hybridization. The new solutions are available as COTS, COTS with modifications or BTS (build to spec) versions.
As warfighting technologies evolve and the energy requirements of combat vehicles, UAVs, and RWS (remote weapons stations) increase, finding efficient ways to generate, store, and use electrical energy becomes increasingly important. Armies, engineers, and teams are looking for rapid vehicle power systems that provide greater mobility for soldiers on the battlefield while increasing the energy resilience of tactical systems.
Power management considerations are also becoming increasingly important to keep pace with “power-hungry” propulsion systems while providing active protection and tactical efficiency for the vehicle and troops.
The advantages of the Power Rider family for these modern military vehicle applications include:
- Reliability – patented power protection for complete short circuit protection and use as a power distribution, management, and maintenance tool for the power grid
- Platform survivability – no damage from short circuits, increases system longevity
- Rapid electrical power system evolution through advanced engineering tools and maximum design flexibility – built-in redundancy, grouping, logical rules, multiple thresholds, an overall view of the power system, etc.
- Increased availability – predictive and preventive
- Redundancy and agility
- Extensive software layer that allows up to 60 field configurations and instantaneous parameter changes
- Silent mobility and advanced silent monitoring
- Environmental friendliness – less pollution and emissions
- Specifically designed to meet the needs of electrification