Silent Falcon UAS Technologies (SFUAS), a UAS service provider and original equipment manufacturer (OEM), has announced that the company’s Silent Falcon E1 UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) has successfully completed 500 hours of successful flight testing and operations. The fixed-wing E1 UAV is a solar-electric powered aircraft that is noise- and emission-free and is designed for long-range ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) and data collection missions.
SFUAS currently has an application pending before the FAA for type certification of the E1. Successfully passing 500 hours of flight is a significant milestone for the E1, confirming for federal regulators that it is a safe and durable aircraft model.
SFUAS provides full service for the E1 UAV, making it a suitable solution for consumers who do not have the expertise to operate their own UAS. SFUAS provides a full turnkey collection of data analysis, report, and storage services. A team of experts provides analysis and data fusion along with airborne data collection, as well as a customized report.
Features of the Silent Falcon E1 unmanned aircraft platform include:
- Long range
- Long endurance
- Vibration free for improved sensor resolution
- Emission free – environmentally friendly and decreases detection in hostile environments
- Noise free – improves operations in populated and hostile environments
- Operates from less than 100 ft x 100 ft area
- BVLOS capable with live feed
- Air drop capable: 60 day/1200 flight hour per month self-sustainment kit available
- Conventional/VTOL or catapult launch
- Conventional/VTOL or parachute recovery
- 4-20+ hour duration configurations.
- 12 different sensor types
- 1mm resolution/1cm resolution standard packages available