Propulsion motors and controllers need to be designed in conjunction with each other to ensure the best and most efficient performance. Mixing and matching technologies from different manufacturers can negatively affect performance and cost your flying machine a lot of airtime.
To optimize performance, we need to consider:
- Motor magnetic parameters
- Motor electrical parameters
- Motor controller parameters
- Tuning between motor and controller
- Mission parameters
- Real-time data monitoring and active adjustments
- And many more pieces of data
Simply selecting any motor and/or controller is not good enough. Propulsion systems must work well to provide the best efficiency.