Sea Machines has released a whitepaper detailing how new technologies based on artificial intelligence and computer vision are set to deliver vast improvements to the marine and maritime industry, bringing new levels of autonomy, safety and efficiency.
The whitepaper covers:
- The limitations of traditional technologies such as marine radar and AIS
- Why human error is the root cause of most at-sea incidents
- The six accepted levels of autonomy for vessel design and operation
- How Sea Machines’ SM300 command and control system can be used to support onboard or remote crews, or enable provide autonomous man-in-the-loop operations for USVs (uncrewed surface vessels)
- Why AI-powered computer vision is essential for achieving autonomous operations with full situational awareness
- How AI and computer vision can solve challenges such as modernizing helm technology, automating manual work and reducing high accident rates
To find out more about how artificial intelligence and computer vision technologies are revolutionizing the marine and maritime industry, download the full whitepaper here.