Sea Machines has created an article that provides answers to questions commonly received by the company about autonomous marine technologies such as unmanned surface vessels (USVs), and how these systems impact maritime professionals and vessel operations.
The topics covered in this article include:
- The seven levels of autonomy for commercial marine operations, from manual operation to unmanned, as defined by Lloyd’s Register
- Distinguishing between the terms “autonomous” and “unmanned”
- How autonomy supports on-board crew and commercial marine operations
- Industry regulations concerning autonomous and unmanned vessels
- The increasing adoption of autonomous vessels and ships
To find out more, or to contact Sea Machines with your own questions concerning autonomous and marine unmanned systems, visit Sea Machines’ website.