Unmanned Systems Source, an online supplier of components, complete unmanned aerial system (UAS) and other products, has released an article detailing how to achieve high accuracy positioning with GNSS receivers for drones and unmanned vehicles.
The article provides details of:
- Accuracy limitations due to GNSS satellites and the Earth’s atmosphere
- Real Time Kinematic (RTK) error correction
- Precise Point Positioning (PPP) error correction
- Combining near-RTK accuracy and quick initialization times with the broadcast nature of PPP
- GNSS corrections via subscription services
To gain the greatest possible accuracy from your GPS/GNSS receiver and achieve precise positioning for drones and unmanned vehicles, GNSS corrections need to be applied. To find out more about the best corrections technology for your application, read the full article on Unmanned Systems Source’s website.