Themis Computer have announced the new RES-NT2 High-Performance Computer (HPC) for graphics virtualization and high-performance signal and image processing. Combining the robust thermal and kinetic management technology of the RES server family, the RES-NT2 HPC houses NVIDIA® Tesla™ Kepler™ architecture-based GPUs, Intel E5 2600 Xeon processors, and up to 512 GB of memory in rugged 1RU and 3RU form factors. Designed for military, commercial, or industrial use, RES-NT2 HPCs are ideally suited for high-performance computing environments where server Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) is severely limited.
Optimized for single and double precision applications, and the broader supercomputing market, Tesla K10, K20, and K20X GPU Accelerators are ideal for the most aggressive, high-performance computing workloads. Optimized for graphics-accelerated virtual desktops and applications, NVIDIA GRID™ K1 and K2 cards offload graphics processing from the CPU in virtualized environments.
“Themis recognizes the increasing demand for high performance GPGPU computing,” said Bill Kehret, CEO of Themis. “By combining Themis’ DoD-ready server technology with NVIDIA Tesla Kepler GPUs, computing performance is increased and applications accelerated by one of the fastest, most efficient HPC architecture ever built. Hardware support for virtualization of the GPU enables the data center manager to deliver graphics-rich solutions to virtual users for the first time. Equally important, these platforms support best-of-breed open architecture tools and math/signal processing libraries, preserving our customer’s investment in application development,” continued Mr. Kehret.
“Themis’ rugged HPC systems are ideal for non-traditional data center environments where high-performance and data reliability are as equally important as power and space efficiency,” said Kevin Berce, business development manager at NVIDIA. “We believe that there is a significant market for advanced signal processing capabilities using Tesla GPUs in these unique environments, and welcome the opportunity to work with Themis as a Tesla Preferred Partner to bring new levels of computing performance and efficiency to these demanding markets.”
- Two Intel E5 5600 series, four, six, or eight core Xeon processors
- Up to three NVIDIA Tesla K10, K20, K20X, GRID K1, or GRID K2 GPU accelerators or boards
- Height: 1RU (1.75 inches, 44.45 mm) or 3RU ( 5.25 inches,133.35 mm)
- Width: 17.06 inches (433.3 mm)
- Depth: 20 inches (508 mm) for 3U chassis or 25 inches for 1U chassis (635 mm)
- Weight: 22 to 45 pounds (9.98 to 20.4 kg)
- Designed to be reliable in harsh operating environments
- Supports Windows®, Linux®, and popular virtualization technologies
- IPMI v2.0 support
- Operating shock: 3 axis, 30G, 25ms
- Operating vibration: 2.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000 Hz
- Operating temperature: 0°C – Up to 45°C
- Operating humidity: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Power supply: single or redundant 110/220 VAC
- MIL-STD-810G (Shock and Vibration)
Themis are demonstrating RES-NT2 high performance computing solutions, RES-XR4 high density systems, and Nano Small Form Factor tactical systems at AUVSI on August 13-15th in Washington DC.