Sea Machines has authored a whitepaper highlighting the use of remote technology for the tug and towboat industry. Wireless remote-helm technology can be used to enhance safety in the use of these vessels, and also solves several operational and financial challenges.
The whitepaper covers:
- The challenges of limited sightlines experienced by tugboat operators
- How remote helm technology can significantly reduce risk for ship crew
- Reducing operating and capital expenditures for tugboat operators
- Technology advancements in tug designs through the years, and future technology that will benefit the indystry, such as augmented reality, smart marine ecosystems, and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)
- How Sea Machines’ SM200 wireless remote-helm control system increases productivity, predictability, and efficiency while reducing operational risk
To find out more about the advantages of wireless remote-helm technology for tugboats and towboats, download the full whitepaper from Sea Machines’ website here.