The speaker line-up has been confirmed for the next edition of Global Robot Expo (GR-EX), the international robotics fair, which will be held in IFEMA (Madrid) 18th – 20th April 2018. Aimed at industry professionals, the event will cover the latest news from key sectors such as the Aerospace, Artificial Intelligence, Industry 4.0 and Service Robotics.
Global Robot Expo will showcase the latest innovations in the field of robotics and related technologies, across multiple sectors, including innovative solutions in artificial vision, cyber security, collaborative robotics, additive manufacturing, intelligent systems and the latest North American industrial exoskeletons.
The event has received institutional support from the Ayuntamiento de Madrid, the Comunidad de Madrid and Red.es. The event will bring together companies, investors, important aerospace clusters and business associations, with sponsorship from Fundación Once, Altran, Accenture and Fermax.
Keynote speakers and lecturers will share their know-how and will unveil new disruptive trends in different technological fields present at the fair. Speakers include:
- Russ Angold, founder and CEO of Ekso Bionics, with great experience and numerous patents in the creation of healthcare exoskeletons, which aid injured people suffering from paralysis or stroke to rehabilitate and recover.
- Enrico Krog Iversen, was the CEO of Universal Robots for 8 years and is now a reference in the collaborative robotics market. Nowadays, he is a recognized investor in innovative start-ups, focused on the industrial automation.
- Homayoon Kazerooni. All the way from the United States, this expert in robotics is the founder of U.S. Bionics – SuitX, the biggest bionics technology company in the world. Also, Kazerooni has a career linked to manufacturing industrial and medical exoskeletons, in addition of the development of semiconductor and surgical robots.
- Samuel Bouchard, founder and CEO of Robotiq, a company leader in collaborative robotics based in Canada, in which robots collaborate with humans in manufacturing processes of diverse industries.
- Mikkel Christoffersen, business manager of Odense Robotics, a cluster settled in the center of the robotics industry in Denmark, aspiring to become a worldwide leader of the next industrial revolution, after years of experience in the synergy between technology and business.
- Rich Walker, manager of Shadow Robot Company, a European flagship and the developer of the world’s most advanced robotic hand, which contains hundreds of sensors of millimetric precision.
- Mel W. Torrie, founder of ASI Robots, is a world reference in developing autonomous navigation solutions for the mining, industrial and army sectors.
The panel is completed with other confirmed lecturers: Denis Niezgoda, implementation coordinator of robotic solutions at DHL; Stephen Wirth, co-founder of Savioke, Relay’s cretor company, an autonomous robot for indoor delivery; Máximo A.Roa, from the German aerospace agency and an expert in 3D perception solution for robotics. Fernando Vaquerizo, from Omron, specialists in healthcare robotics and Jaume Homs, is specialist in additive manufacturing at HP.
Besides the keynotes, Global Robot Expo will hold panel discussions in which the challenges and opportunities of the sector will be discussed, with the help of several experts in different fields. Topics will focus on geomatics (mobile mapping system and BIM technologies), aerospace (automation, manufacturing and quality control), unmanned traffic management (UTM), new emergency systems, rescue, prevention and control of fires and the field of security and monitoring.
The tickets are now available from Global Robot Expo.