Defiant Labs, the new technology division of Canadian drone company The Sky Guys Ltd., has announced its new drone, the DX-3, which features vertical take-off and landing and fixed wing flight capabilities.
“The DX-3 will fundamentally change the drone industry,” said Adam Sax, CEO and Founder of The Sky Guys, and owner of Defiant Labs. “Until now, drones had limited endurance, range, required runways, line of sight operation, data processing lagged and most drones needed ideal climate conditions to perform or be deployed.”
“This is Canadian technology, it is world-leading technology and we will design, manufacture and produce the DX-3 in Canada. The DX-3 is robust, capable for operation and deployment in challenging conditions like rain, desert or arctic. It’s only fitting that a Canadian company would make a drone that can endure and withstand environmental extremes.”
“In addition to the hardware technology innovations, the DX-3 is leading in data analytics, capable of live data processing,” noted Sax. “Not only do we have advanced imaging processing for industrial inspections and security applications, the data processing features predictive analytics forecasting. We are excited to have partnered with NVIDIA to build proprietary solutions based on their learning algorithms. Because the basic platform is AI-enabled, the patterns and possibilities are endless.”
The DX-3 drone is specially designed to monitor and inspect remote long range infrastructure, be it for oil and gas pipelines, power transmission lines or disaster relief and security.
The DX-3 features the following:
- Over 24 hours of endurance with satellite link
- 1500 kilometer range of use
- Ability to carry up to 3 kilograms of payload
- Integrated sensors such as a high resolution optical zoom camera
- Optional LIDAR for 3D mapping
- Vertical takeoff and landing, with fixed wing flight capability, enabling the drone to take off and land without a runway while maintaining the efficacy of long range flight
- Rugged construction built to operate in all environmental conditions, from rain to desert to arctic.
Find suppliers of UAV platforms >