The fifth annual National Robotics Week event will be held April 5-13, 2014. RoboWeek 2013 was amazing and 2014 promises to be even better! Activities can be small, large, and everything in between.
The purpose of National Robotics Week is to:
– Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
– Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
– Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
– Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, – Engineering, and Math-related fields
Why is robotics important?
– Robotics technology is a growing industry which creates high-tech jobs in the US
– Robotics technologies are helping to improve healthcare, national defense, homeland security, energy, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, agriculture, education, consumer goods, and many other sectors
– Robotics provides an exciting, hands-on way for students to learn Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
Celebrate National Robotics Week by attending an event in your area or host your own event!
To learn more about National Robotics Week, to register to attend or exhibit, please click below.