United Electronic Industries (UEI) is a leading developer of control, test, monitoring, and verification/validation solutions for UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) and UASs (unmanned aircraft systems). Our flexible systems feature interchangeable chassis and a range of I/O options, providing the maximum potential for design re-use.
UAS/UAV Hardware & I/O System Solutions
RUGGED. RELIABLE. FLEXIBLE.
Our UAS solutions allow users to integrate real hardware together with simulated hardware for enhanced performance and results, and offer significant I/O flexibility for simulation and verification of highly complex systems. We offer:
- Digital System Simulation – build highly accurate digital twins and simulate the required real-world signals with real hardware
- Design Verification & Validation – our solutions allow you to monitor your entire system, providing real-time fault detection and diagnostics and accurate data for critical decision-making
Embedded Programmable Automation Controllers
Embedded system controller for unmanned applications
Our UEIPAC embedded Programmable Automation Controller is designed for mission-critical applications, and is based around a rugged chassis that can be configured to suit a wide range of applications.
Available with PowerPC, ARM, or Zynq-based processors, the flexible controller runs Linux, RT Linux, QNX, or VxWorks operating systems, and can be equipped with up to 12 I/O board slots.
Other features of the UEIPAC controller include:
- HDMI, M.2, Ethernet and USB connections
- Up to 150 analog or 288 digital I/O per UEIPAC
- Built-In Test (BIT) from chassis to board to channel
- Active hardware security
- Programmable in C, C++, Simulink or Python
- Tested to MIL-STD-810/461
- Avoid obsolescence with our 10-Year Availability Guarantee
Avionics Testing, Simulation & Control
Build your test station with avionics hardware
Our avionics solutions allow robust testing and validation of complex modern aviation platforms, which often consist of complex networks of interconnected embedded devices and communication buses.
With over 85 boards to choose from, our avionics testing and control solutions allow you to create test stations to handle any commercial or military requirements.
We have products compliant with ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC-664 part 7, providing powerful features such as error injection and advanced scheduling.
Flight Simulator Avionics Hardware
UEI’s extensive catalogue of hardware and I/O provides everything you need to create flight simulators and trainers, including analogue and digital linkage I/O, avionics and communications interface buses, and real-time Ethernet-based software interfaces.
Our products have been engineered to be highly reliable and durable, providing increased uptime, and Gigabit Ethernet communications for up to 10,000 updates per second.
Data Acquisition Systems
Rugged high performance chassis for harsh environments
Our compact and rugged chassis, available in Cube and Rack formats, are ideal for a wide range of data acquisition and control applications.
Each chassis includes a CPU, real-time OS, Ethernet interface and slots for I/O boards.
Rugged & Industrial Data Acquisition
Our rugged and industrial-grade DAQ hardware is designed for high performance in harsh environments, with redundant Ethernet for failsafe operations, and compliance with MIL-STD-461/1275/704/810 standards. Options are available for -45º to 85ºC temperature range, and 5g vibration and 100g shock survival.
Distributed Data Acquisition (DAQ)
Our distributed architecture DAQ systems utilise standard network interfaces (1000BaseT, 100BaseT or 100BaseFx) and support all UEI chassis styles. Features include:
- Simultaneous sampling synchronized with IEEE-1588
- Built-in Test (BIT) for remote reliability checks
- UDP used for low-overhead data transfer mechanism
- Data integrity checking built in to API
HIL Simulation Systems
Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation & testing
Our state-of-the-art hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) I/O solutions are ideal for control, test, and monitoring simulations, providing everything from software integration to signal routing (simulated, real or fault signals) to the device under test.
Our hardware-in-the-loop simulation solutions include a wide range of simulated output boards, including Synchro/Resolver, LVDT/RVDT, Thermocouple and RTD. Products are compatible with Simulink, Labview, C/C++, Real-Time Linux and a wide range of other programming languages and operating systems.
Benefits of our HIL simulation include:
- Ability to simulate and read wide range of values for variables
- Harsh environment tested
- High level of channel isolation to ensure accuracy up to 350 VRMS
- Extremely versatile – compatible with a wide range of operating systems and programming languages
- Decrease costs by not needing to use a real plant with the embedded system
- Scalable due to wide range of interoperable chassis and boards that
- Meet tight deadlines due to the ability to develop products in parallel
- Ability to inject failures into the system to predict real-world performance
Software-in-the-loop simulation for virtual avionics testing
Our VISTAS (Virtual Interoperable Simulation for Tests of Avionics Systems) software-in-the-loop test and simulation solution enables avionics equipment to be easily accessed and controlled remotely via Ethernet, providing efficient and cost-effective virtual testing.