Ophir Optronics Solutions LTD., an MKS Company, is a leading designer and manufacturer of low-SWaP, ruggedized, high-performance MWIR and LWIR lens assemblies for UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) and drones. Our low-SWaP (size, weight and power) Infrared zoom lenses are ideal for UAV/UAS thermal imaging payloads and forward-looking IR (FLIR) cameras, and also meet the needs of a wide variety of demanding applications in defense, HLS, security & surveillance and other emerging markets.
Military-Grade UAV Lenses for Infrared Cameras
Ruggedized lenses for thermal imaging cameras and sensors
We provide a range of lightweight, military-grade IR camera lenses designed to meet the needs of challenging aerial defense applications. With focal lengths from 1.8mm to 1350mm and MTF close to the diffraction limit, these ruggedized lenses feature accurate line-of-sight (LOS) performance and provide detection, recognition, and identification (DRI) ranges up to 28km.
Ophir sites are AS9100 Rev. D and ISO 9001-2015 certified, delivering military-grade IR camera lenses in compliance with the following standards:
- DIN 3140
- IPC 620
- ISO 10110 sections 1-19
- ANSI\ASQ Z1.4
More information: Military-Grade UAV Infrared Camera Lenses >
IR thermal imaging lenses for CUAS
Ophir provides a variety of high-performance continuous zoom IR lenses that are ideal for incorporation into counter-UAS systems. With proven field deployments, the long-range lenses facilitate detection, identification and tracking of multiple drone threats.
Delivering crisp clean imagery over the full zoom range, the precision lenses allow counter-drone systems integrators to take full advantage of early radar detection, minimizing false positives even with small, fast-moving targets.
- Aperture f/1.5
- Pixel pitch 12μ
- Focal length ranges 25-225, 40-300mm
- Drone detection ranges 1.8 – 9.7 km (dependent on target size)
- Drone identification ranges 0.3 – 2.2 km (dependent on target size)
MWIR Solutions for SXGA/HD cameras
- Aperture f/4
- Pixel pitch 10μ
- Focal length ranges 21-420mm, 35/110/450mm, 30-600mm, 35-690mm, 45-900mm, 60-1200mm
- Drone detection ranges 3.5 – 23.8 km (dependent on target size)
- Drone identification ranges 0.6 – 8.4 km (dependent on target size)
MWIR Solutions for VGA cameras
- Aperture f/5.5
- Pixel pitch 15μ
- Focal length ranges 30-385, 50-700, 28-850, 80-1200, 50-1350mm
- Drone detection ranges 2.7 – 22.7 km (dependent on target size)
- Drone identification ranges 0.4 – 8.0 km (dependent on target size)
More information: IR Thermal Imaging Lenses For C-UAS Systems