2-stroke Propulsion Systems; Starter/Generator
Located in Benningen, Germany, Hirth is a leading supplier of reliable 2-stroke engines for sport aviation, ultra-light, hover craft, water pumps and UAV applications.
In business for over 80 years, the considerable experience Hirth has gained producing engines for the sport aviation market has made them a key choice for customers looking for COTS or custom UAV engine solutions.
Hirth supplies engines for a wide range of UAV platforms, including the Northrop Grumman BAT, Denel Seeker II, Rheinmetall KZO, EMT Luna, CybAero APID60, Indra Pelicano, DroneTech AV-1 Albatross, Ruag Ranger, Robot Aviation Aerobot, IDS SD-150 Hero, and Saab Skeldar.
Hirth’s engines utilize a wide range of advanced technologies to ensure they meet the demanding requirements of UAV applications.
These technologies include advanced fuel injection (iPower); integration of lightweight/efficient starter/generators; advanced engine management systems; gear and belt drive reduction systems; and advanced engine mount solutions.
Closely working with its supply base, Hirth can supply complete turnkey propulsion modules including engine mount, generator and propeller.
Advantages of Hirth’s 2-stroke aircraft engines:
- ISO 9001 registered engineering/production facility.
- Broad 2-stroke application experience with air cooled and water cooled engines developed for air, land and sea applications.
- Nikasil cylinders, hyper eutectic pistons and chrom moly crankshafts for improved durability to achieve higher TBO’s.
- Sport aviation and defense unmanned aerial vehicle experience.
- COTS, modified COTS and clean sheet engine solution options.
- Located in the heart of Stuttgart so Hirth has access to high tech suppliers that support the German auto industry.
- Manufacturer/designer of complete propulsion systems including: starter/generator, reduction drive, propeller, engine mount, throttle servo, silencer, system break-in & qualification.
- Over 1 million 2-stroke engines produced.
- Special helicopter propulsion solutions.
More: Hirth 2-Stroke Engines